News Flash

2020 Census

Posted on: August 19, 2021

2020 Census Shows Growth In Early

IMG_1324

The US Census Bureau has released its 2020 census data and the City of Early has experienced a strong and steady growth over the last five of the ten year census time period. From 2010 to 2020, the City of Early’s population has increased from 2,762 to 3,296 for 16.2% growth. According to the World Population Review, Early will reach a population of 3,404 by the end of 2021 for an additional 2.7% and overall growth percentage of 18.9% since 2010.   Brown County as a whole had a slight decrease from 38,106 to 38,095 for a 0.07% decrease in the population.

Looking at the growth of Early over the last 11 years, from 2010 to 2014 there was 0.3% growth remaining relatively flat.  From 2014 to present there has been 18.6% growth.

“This growth can be attributed to several factors including an increase in the number of market value multi-family house, and the redevelopment of several of our neighborhoods.  With a median age of 36.5 it is also an indicator that we are seeing a younger population with interest in living here.  Most of that age group are young to middle age families looking for a quality place to raise their children.  The inventory of housing has been greatly reduced by the demand of buyers looking to move into the City of Early and in the Early Independent School District, both of which are preforming at their highest levels in many years.  It’s apparent that there is a demand and desire to live in the City of Early.” Said City Administrator Tony Aaron. 

Since 2010, the State of Texas has seen a population increase from 25,145,561 to 29,145,505 for a 15.9% increase. This means that Early at 18.6% is above the overall state growth percentage by 3%. 

Aaron continued by saying, “We are working hard to approve several new subdivisions to meet this demand.  Over the next year, the availability of new residential lots and more multi-family housing in the Early Town Center Development will continue this growth trend.  Early is more than prepared for this growth with the new water pump station put in to service in 2015 and the new waste water treatment system constructed in 2017.   Our infrastructure is prepared to meet the growth demands.  Why Early you might ask?  Basically, it comes down to having a mayor, council, staff, and citizen core that are aligned in their vision to make Early and incredible place to live.  We are forward thinking, and look for better ways to do things instead of keeping with the norm.  As long as we stay focused on our obligation to serve the citizens of Early at the highest level possible with the lowest necessary cost you will continue to see this positive growth.”  

At the sustained growth rate of 3.1% per year (or 106 citizens per year over the next 10 years, the population of Early could be 4,464 by 2031.  If the trend of nationwide migration to Texas and Urban Texans seeking rural Texas living continues this number could be greatly increase.  

Additional Census Data

 







Early

Brown County

Texas





2020 Population

3,296

38,095

29,145,505



2010 Population

2,762

38,106

25,145,561



Median Age

36.5

41.5

35

 


People 18-64

55.8%

58.0%

61.6%



People 18 and Under

30.9%

21.6%

25.5%



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Non-Hispanic White

76.5%

70.6%

41.2%



Hispanic/Latino

16.3%

23.1%

39.7%



Black/African American

1.9%

4.1%

12.9%



Other

5.2%

7.7%

13.9%



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Rate of Home Ownership

71.9%

72.5%

62.0%



Married Households

53.9%

52.9%

50.3%



Non Family Households

30.4%

33.6%

30.7%



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Average Home Value

 $           172,500.00 

 $           102,500.00 

 $           169,580.00 



Poverty Rate

12.8%

13.7%

13.6%



Median Age

36.5

41.5

35

 


Median Household Income

 $51,420 

     $48,365 

  $41,404 




WORLD POPULATION VIEW - EARLY, TX

2020 CENSUS

Facebook Twitter Email